Print Friendly Recipe
- "The Twins" Carolyn Herring Eplee & Marilyn Herring Wyatt
Serves/Makes:1 10 x 13 inch glass pan
- 1 package Pecan Sandies Cookies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 116 oz (3248 grm). tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) powdered sugar
- 7 or more fresh ripe peaches (up to 10 per pie)
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). packages Peach flavored Jello
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). corn starch
- 12 oz (336 grm).7 up soft drink, or similar
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- 1st Step:
- Set aside 2 or 3 cookies.
- Crush all remaining cookies.
- Mix melted butter into the crushed cookies.
- Press the buttered crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a glass 10 x 13 glass pan.
- Put pan into pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 2nd Step:
- Combine the softened cream cheese, 12 ozs of the thawed Cool Whip (saving 4 ozs for later)and the powdered sugar; ix well.
- Spread this mixture over the cooled cookie crust.
- 3rd Step:
- Peel, de-seed and slice each peach into approximately 8 pieces (depending on its size) and spread them over the cream cheese mixture.
- 4th Step:
- In a medium size sauce pan, mix together 1 package plus 4 Tbsp (60 ml). of the 2nd package of Jello, the corn starch, 7 Up, and the granulated sugar.
- Put this mixture over medium to medium high heat, stirring constantly, and bring it to a boil.
- When mixture is thickened, take it off heat and let cool. When cool, pour over the peaches.
- 5th Step:
- Put in Refrigerator and let set up.
- 6th Step:
- When the Jello is set, spread the remaining 4 oz (112 grm) Cool Whip over the pie.
- Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle them over the Cool Whip.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Cut into desired size squares for serving.
- This dessert was served regularly at one of our favorite restaurants, The Holman House, that now, regretfully is closed. It was a favorite requested dessert. I had seen on Facebook where another new restaurant is now serving it and had given credit to two of my favorite people, Twins, Carolyn Herring Eplee and Marilyn Herring Wyatt. Sooooo I private messaged them on Facebook Messenger, and told them to "Give it up". Meaning the Recipe. And they did. I asked if I could share it with y'all, and they agreed.
So think of me and the Twins when you are enjoying it!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.