Print Friendly Recipe
- Charlene Collins
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). zucchini, sliced (about 8 small)
- 1/3 lb (.2 kg). onion, quartered and sliced (about 1 small)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canning salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) mustard seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- 3 cups (700 ml) vinegar
- Combine zucchini and onion; sprinkle with salt;add cold water to cover.
- Let stand 2 hours. Drain; rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Pour vinegar mixture over zucchini and onions. Let stand 2 hours.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pack hot zucchini and liquid into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Adjust two piece caps.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- I found this in the Ball Blue Book guide for my mother-in-law to help
with her hearty zucchini plants.
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.