Print Friendly Recipe
- Twice marinated cucumbers served with brewed octopus.
- Jorge G Attolini
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) octopus
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 cups (475 ml) of tequila
- 1 cup (225 ml) of soy sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) of orange juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) of dashi (fish soup stock can be found as instant mix at Asian markets; called Dashi-no-moto)
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 package of dry fish (bonito) flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of pan frying sesame seeds
- Roll the cucumbers over salt and wash them with water.
- Cut one end, dig out the seeds and fill with tequila. Refrigerate overnight.
- Clean the octopus with salt in a pot, rubbing it until the octopus is clean and the water that leaves is black (3 min).
- Boil octopus in water with 2 tbsp (30 ml) salt for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix alldashi in 1 cup (225 ml) of hot drinkable water
- and peel the cucumbers, discarding the tequila, cut the octopuss
- in little pieces and mix all together.
- This is a Mexican/Chinese hors d'ouvre style that I think you will enjoy very much.
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.