Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 4-1/2 pounds zucchini, chopped
- 4 large onions, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) white vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 2 tsp (10 ml) celery seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- Mix vegetables with salt in a large bowl and let stand for several hours or overnight to extract moisture.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain thoroughly.
- A salad spinner can be used for drying.
- Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients in a 5-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into warm, sterilized pint jars, leaving a 1/4 to 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a steam canner or boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.