Print Friendly Recipe
- A baked dessert
- mhb from nj
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped walnuts
- 2 c fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 1 stiffly beaten egg white
- Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add egg yolk; beat well.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Mix in a separate bowl graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in beaten egg white.
- Fill 6 greased 6 oz (168 grm). custard cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or lemon sauce.
- Found this recipe in BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING vintage 1973.
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.