Print Friendly Recipe
- A very moist cake and keeps well
- Darlene Schlegel
Serves/Makes:20 nice sized servings
- 1-3/4 c boiling water
- 1 c oatmeal, quick or old-fashioned
- 1 c lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1-3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) cocoa
- 1 pkg (12 oz (336 grm).) chocolate chips
- 3/4 c chopped nuts
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add sugars and margarine.
- Stir until margarine melts.
- Add eggs, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- Add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add about half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased/floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle nuts, remainder of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes or until done.
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.