Print Friendly Recipe
- Popular Indian recipe of tender chicken in rich butter sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yogurt
- 1 t fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 t salt
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken, cut into pieces, skinned
- 2 oz (56 grm). butter
- 1 cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- 6 cloves
- 6 green cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 t saffron, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- salt to taste
- 2 T ground almonds
- 1/4 t cornstarch dissolved in 1 T of water
- Mix yogurt, ginger and salt and rub into chicken; let marinate overnight.
- Place marinated chicken in well-oiled oven proof dish and drizzle oil all over; bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for forty to fifty minutes, and save any liquid.
- In saucepan, melt butter and saute cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, and bay leaf for one minute.
- Add sour cream and leftover chicken-liquid.
- Add saffron and cream and cover and simmer gently for five to six minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and adjust seasoning.
- Add ground almonds and cornstarch mixture.
- Let thicken; cover and simmer for three to four minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Delicious served with Indian bread called "nan" and other Indian condiments are nice too.
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.