Print Friendly Recipe
- Sheila Kosko
- Mustard Sauce:
- 1 1 oz (28 grm). pkg. powdered white sauce mix
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). caraway seeds
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pickle relish
- 8 slices rye bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Thousand Island dressing
- 6 oz (168 grm). corned beef strips
- 2 oz (56 grm). Swiss cheese, shredded
- Mustard Sauce:
- Make as package directs using milk, stirring in mustard and caraway seeds.
- Casserole Assembly:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a small bowl, combine sauerkraut and relish.
- In another bowl combine bread cubes and Thousand Island dressing.
- Grease a medium casserole dish.
- Spread half of the bread mixture on bottom of dish.
- Top with 1/2 the sauerkraut mixture.
- Top with 1/2 the mustard sauce.
- Add all the corned beef and Swiss cheese for middle layer.
- Top with remaining sauerkraut mixture.
- Then again with remaining bread mixture.
- Bake until top is golden and filling cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Yummy! Enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2023 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.