Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) margarine
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). water
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Quaker oats
- Beat margarine and vanilla until creamy.
- Add sugar gradually; beat until fluffy.
- Add water.
- Sift flour and salt together. Add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in oats until well blended. Dough will be quite
- Make into candy cane shapes; place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in slow oven at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 20-25 minutes; cool.
- Frost canes with white frosting.
- Color some of the white frosting with red food coloring and make red stripes across the canes.
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.