Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes:2 dozen or more
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (700 ml) uncooked quick or old fashioned oats
- 1-2/3 cups (400 ml) butterscotch flavored chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) of chopped pecan or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and sit aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together, with an electric mixer, the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- To this second mixture, gradually add the flour mixture and combine.
- Stir in the oats and chips.
- Stir in the nuts if you are using them.
- Drop by rounded tbsp onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crispy cookie.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then remove onto a cooling wire to completely cool.
- Pan Cookie Variation:
- Grease a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Prepare the dough as directed above.
- Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars to serve.
- This recipe came from the wife of one of Jerry's hunting buddy's, Jason Boyer. Jason is a member of our nation's coast guard and moves very often, from Alaska to Louisana. On one of their hunting adventures, Jason had brought these cookies from home and had shared them with Jerry. Well that is all I heard, how good the "ENERGY COOKIES", were, He kept on to me to get the recipe. He said, "They have to be healthy, or Jason wouldn't eat them" See Jason is Mr. Fitness, having to stay in shape for his job, and of course where he can climb those mountains to hunt, ha. So I got the recipe, expecting it to be full of awful tasting healthy things, and guess what, surprise, surprise, they are just normal good tasting, everyday good cookies.
So I am sharing this "Healthy Energy Cookies" recipe with you, ha..
Copyright ©1997-2022 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.