Print Friendly Recipe
- 16 oz (448 grm). jar fresh oysters with liquor
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 6 strips bacon, fried crisp & crumbled
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 14 saltines, coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease shallow 1 1/2 qt. baking dish
- Cut oysters to bite size.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Layer with:
- Bacon, cheese, cream, crackers and dot with margarine.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until edges of oysters begin to curl.
- Provided to us by sister Peggy originally, but
returned by us from our notes after her house
burned in the Oakland Hills fire in 1991.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.