Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 cups (950 ml) self-rising flour
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- Mix first three ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Add eggs then milk while stirring.
- Turn out on well floured board.
- Knead til smooth and roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Fold dough in half and cut out scones with cup or biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 400 for about 12 minutes.
- Serve with butter and jam and cheese.
- J.B's daughter has a special jar of flour at our
house, so she can make us these scones Sunday
morning when she spends the night with our
daughter. J.B. learned to make these in South
Africa, his native country.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.