Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 pack cream crackers
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- grated chocolate
- fresh strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Break crackers into small pieces and set aside.
- Beat egg whites while adding sugar until thick (meringue)
- Add vanilla and stir in crackers.
- Sprinkle baking powder over and fold in.
- Spoon into greased baking dish - don't smooth.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes. Cool.
- May be made the day before.
- Beat Cream and dollop onto meringue.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Dot with whole strawberries (including tops)
- From a South African friend, now in Denver, who
brought this dessert to several dinner parties
(different houses, same people), always to rave
reviews. We think of this as a wonderful
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.