Print Friendly Recipe
- La Tour d'Argent, Houston, Texas
- 1 lb (.5 kg) fresh asparagus
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tsp (10 ml) margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced onions
- 2 tsp (10 ml) diced celery
- 2 tsp (10 ml) flour
- salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- Cook asparagus in water until very soft.
- Blend asparagus until pureed.
- Saute onions in 2 tsp (10 ml) margarine, using a medium-sized pot.
- Add celery, cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on about 2 tsp (10 ml) flour.
- Add hot chicken stock and pureed asparagus.
- Add cream, boil for 5 minutes on slow heat.
- Adjust seasoning and strain.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright ©1997-2020 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.