Print Friendly Recipe
- Le Chardonnay, Los Angeles, California
- 10 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 20 basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt, white ground pepper, and pinch of cayenne
- Cut onion and carrot into cubes.
- Crush garlic.
- Cut tomatoes into 4 sections.
- Warm olive oil and add onion, carrot, and crushed garlic. Cook for a short time on low heat.
- Add tomatoes and 2 cups (475 ml) of water, and salt to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Put into a processor, then strain entire mixture.
- Add white pepper and cayenne.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, top with julienne strips of basil.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.