Print Friendly Recipe
- Le Chardonnay, Los Angeles, California
- 8 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 6 oz (168 grm) each)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dijon mustard
- Herb Broth:
- 5 shallots, coursly chopped
- 5 medium mushrooms, quartered
- 5 sprigs each rosemary and thyme, tied together
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry white wine
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sweet butter
- mashed potatoes
- cooked buttered spinach
- In heavy sauce pan heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter.
- Add shallots, mushrooms, and cracked pepper, and saute until medium brown in color.
- Deglaze by adding 1 cup (225 ml) white wine. Also add herb bouquet.
- Reduce liquid by 1/2 over moderate heat, then add 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock.
- Simmer slowly over low heat, skimming often to remove accumlated fat. Reduce volume by 1/3, then remove from heat and stain.
- Season with salt if needed.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Cook in pre-heated charbroiler until scored and almost cooked through. Keep warm.
- Before serving, brush each breast with dijon mustard and put under broiler for another few minutes.
- For each serving, place mashed potatoes and buttered spinach on plate. Place chicken breast and herb broth around plate and serve immediately.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.