Print Friendly Recipe
- Ray's Boathouse, Seattle, Washington
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) Penn Cove mussels, washed and debearded
- 2 cups (475 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chinese fermented black beans
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced garlic
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili paste with garlic (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) roasted peanuts
- Place mussels in a very large saute pan. Cover with white wine and sprinkle with black beans, ginger, garlic, and orange zest. Reserve some zest for garnish.
- Cover tightly and cook over high heat until mussels open.
- Remove mussels from pan and arrange in a serving dish, and keep warm.
- Bring liquid in the pan to a boil, add chile paste, peanut butter, and butter. Boil until slightly thickened.
- Add tomato, cilantro, and peanuts, and boil for 30 seconds longer.
- Pour sauce over mussels.
- Garnish with extra orange zest.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.