Print Friendly Recipe
- Rover's Restaurant, Seattle, Washington
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced and poached pear
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Pear Liquor
- 6 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- Poach pears in water, pear liquor, and sugar about 10 minutes
- When cooked, cool and dice.
- Scrape seeds from the vanilla bean. Mix with beaten eggs, sugar, and flour.
- Add cream and mild. Mix well.
- Strain and let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Butter baking dishes with soft unsalted butter, and then coat with sugar.
- Place fruit in bottom of dish and pour batter over fruit.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 25 minutes. Can be served warm or cooled.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.