Print Friendly Recipe
- Rovers Restaurant, Seattle, Washington
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lentils
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 2 bunches rosemary, chopped
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) heavy cream
- 6 oz (168 grm) butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Over open flame, roast bell peppers until skin is charred black. Peel off the skin and remove the seeds, and puree in blender.
- Mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) of puree with eggs, and add cream.
- Butter 4 souffle molds, place molds in baking pan, pour bell pepper appareil into souflle molds and fill a baking pan with hot water to reach halfway up the molds.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in oven about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add shallot, garlic, and rosemary, and sweat for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Heat butter in skillet, sweat the shallots and rosemary about a minute.
- Add white wine and reduce by 3/4.
- Add cream, reduce again by 3/4.
- Incorporate butter slowly with a whisk, one cube at a time.
- Strain sauce.
- Arrange lentils on one end of a plate in a circle.
- Unmold souffle underneath lentils and spoon sauce around souffle.
- Serve hot.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.