Print Friendly Recipe
- EDH Munch Bunch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) chicken
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) saffron
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg) smoked sausage
- 12 clams
- 12 mussels
- 1 lb (.5 kg) clean raw shrimp
- 1 pkg frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pkg frozen peas
- 2 oz (56 grm) sliced pimento, drained
- 1 lb (.5 kg) asparagus, stems removed
- Brown chicken in hot oil.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook garlic and onion in oil until tender.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in water, rice, salt, pepper, tomatoes, mushroooms, bouillon, saffron, bay leaf, red pepper, and sausage.
- Add in chicken.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam clams and mussels until open. Drain and discard any unopened shells.
- Add artichoke hearts, peas, clams, mussels, and shrimp.
- Cover and heat 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Garnish with pimento and asparagus tips.
- This recipe is great for a large gathering.
Everyone brings something for the stew, and then
it gets put together while drinking good
Cabernet and conversing in the kitchen.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.