Print Friendly Recipe
- Dickens Inn, Philadelphia, PA
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). ground beef
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 large carrot, small diced
- 1 stalk celery, small diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Guinness Stout
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) veal stock
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dry thyme
- 2 oz (56 grm). flour
- 2 oz (56 grm). butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mashed potatoes
- Saute vegetables until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add liquid and herbs.
- Make a roux with the flour and butter, and add to thicken.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Season to taste.
- Fill baking dishes with meat.
- Pipe or spread mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) until potatoes are golden brown.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.