Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 dozen approx.
- 2 cups (475 ml) coconut
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) coconut
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cream
- 4 dozen pecan halves
- Combine all ingredients except for the last portion of coconut, egg yolk, cream, and pecan halves.
- Shape into logs.
- Roll each log in coconut to coat.
- Freeze the logs.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cut frozen logs into 1/4" slices.
- Brush each with mixed egg yolk and cream.
- Press a pecan half into the cookie.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes until golden brown at edges.
- Cookie dough can be made, rolled in coconut, wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen way ahead of Christmas. That way you can have fresh baked cookies anytime in about a half an hour.
Leave off the pecan halves if you're out or just not into nuts and these cookies are just as good!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.