Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 dozen approx
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cream of tartar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- sugar and cinnamon
- Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and stir in.
- Roll cookie dough into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Roll each ball in mixture of 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar and 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon.
- Place each ball about 2 inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) until lightly browned but still soft (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Note: may be made as bar cookies and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.