Print Friendly Recipe
- Pen & Pencil, New York, New York
- 8 egg yolks
- 5 cups (1175 ml) heavy cream
- 7 oz (196 grm) baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vanilla
- Put cream, vanilla, and chocolate into a sauce pan. Boil for exactly 1 minute.
- Put well-beaten egg yolks and cream mixture into a double boiler bowl over simmering water. Stir constantly with a whisk for 5 minutes or until custard coats a spoon.
- Put into greased custard dish and refrigerate until hard. Cover with 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar and heat under a broiler until the sugar has carmelized. Chill.
- When ready to serve, heat the ceramic dish on stove top for exactly 1 minute.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.