Print Friendly Recipe
- Pen & Pencil, New York, New York
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) Blue Claw Lumb Crabmeat, chopped medium fine
- 10 oz (280 grm) red pepper, chopped medium fine
- 10 oz (280 grm) spanish onion, chopped medium fine
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crushed red pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped parsley
- 10 oz (280 grm) fine breadcrumbs
- 2 oz (56 grm) mixed salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and paprika
- Saute the onions and red pepper in olive oil only until slightly soft, then drain.
- Reduce 1 quart (950 ml) of heavy cream by 1/4. Beat egg whites till stiff and add to the cream.
- Add chili powder and crushed red pepper to cream.
- Add cream mixture to crabmeat and mix well by hand. Add sauteed onions and peppers, parsley, breadcrumbs, and mixed spices, and mix again by hand.
- Form into cakes 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Put on a buttered pad and broil about 1 minute on each side, or until slightly browned.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.