Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 loaf halves
- 1 loaf French Bread, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Mayonnaise
- 1 cup (225 ml) Parmesean Cheese, finely grated
- Garlic to taste (1 tbsp (15 ml) works for me)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dill
- Any other green herbs you want to add
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix all ingredients (except for bread) in bowl.
- Grease a cookie sheet, and lay your French Bread on the sheet.
- Spread the mixture onto your bread ("press" the mixture into the bread). Be conservative.
- Place into oven.
- Watching it carefully (5-10) minutes, take bread out when topping starting to "bubble" and edges brown.
- Spread the mixture again, breaking the cooked surface of spread.
- Enjoy! (You can use other cheeses if you want, parmesean is the norm...)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.