Print Friendly Recipe
- La Bonne Auberge, San Mateo, California
- 4 boneless and skinned chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped shallots
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 8 large, shelled and deveined prawns
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped Italian parsley or chervil
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- salt, white pepper, and nutmeg to taste
- cooked rice or potatoes
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick pan, melt butter. Add shallots, mushrooms, thyme, and chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle parsley or chervil and nutmeg over chicken.
- Add wine and lemon juice and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Add prawns to broth and cook for one or two minutes.
- Arrange prawns decoratively over chicken breasts and keep warm.
- Add cream to stock, let it reduce for two or three minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and prawns and sprinkle with parsley or chervil.
- Serve with rice, or boiled or mashed potatoes.
- For a lighter dish:
- Replace butter with 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsaturated oil, and the cream by 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken or vegetable broth. Mix 1 tsp (5 ml) cornstarch with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the broth, and add to the reduced broth while stirring.
- Provided by Chef Philippe, who thoughtfully
includes suggestions for a lighter version.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.