Print Friendly Recipe
- Fred Crittela Chef/Owner Crittela's Ristorante'
- 2 cleaned and stemmed portebello mushrooms
- 2 oz (56 grm) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz (28 grm) gorgonzola cheese (preferably imported)
- 4 oz (112 grm) heavy cream
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- A few pieces of dry roasted walnuts
- Brush on oil, completely cover, let excess oil drip off
- Either grill or pan fry to sear at high heat, then reduce or move to medium heat until mushrooms get soft to the touch (mushrooms are brittle but when cooked the become more plyable). Keep warm.
- Scald cream, remove from heat, add cheese, and pepper, and place back on low heat and reduce until thick enough to cover the back of a spoon.
- Slice mushrooms 1/4 inch thick. Fan on a plate, cover with sauce, garnish with walnuts and a sprig of italian parsley.
- It was the biggest hit at our Italian food
fest, so we had to put it on our menu.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.