Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) Arborio rice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Romano cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato sauce (homemade if you have it)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) prosciutto (ham), diced
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- peanut oil for deep frying
- Bring 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) water to boil, in a saucepan, and add rice. Cook 15 minutes, drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Beat one egg and add to rice, along with Romano cheese, parsley 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well and chill in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- In another bowl mix mozzarella, prosciutto and remaining tomato sauce.
- Flour hands and divide rice into 8 portions and roll into a ball about the size of a small orange.
- Poke a hole in the ball with your finger and put about 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) of the mozzarella mixture into the hole.
- Reshape and smooth rice ball to close hole.
- Beat remaining eggs in a shallow bowl and spread bread crumbs out on a plate.
- Roll rice ball in egg, coating well, then in bread crumbs and coat evenly. Let sit for 45 minutes.
- In a heavy pan, or deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees (200 C.). Fry rice balls until golden. Drain on paper towel and serve hot.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.