Print Friendly Recipe
- La Bonne Auberge Restaurant, San Mateo, California
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 1 quart (950 ml) whipping cream
- Heat cream in saucepan on low heat until tiny bubbles form around the edges.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add cream to egg and sugar mixture while mixing.
- Pour into eight 4 oz (112 grm) custard dishes.
- Place in a pan with warm water (bain-marie).
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- Chill. Can be prepared ahead of time up to this point.
- Just before serving, sprinkle top with 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until golden brown in color.
- Chill and serve.
- Note: do not keep too long in the refrigerator once you have glazed with sugar, as the sugar will melt. It is better to keep it at room temperature in that case.
- A rich, chilled custard of cream and eggs crowned
with a glaze of delicately browned sugar.
This recipe is provided by Chef Philippe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.