Print Friendly Recipe
- Mary Whelan
- 2 oz (56 grm) instant Antiqua coffee
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 fifth bourbon
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add sugar and coffee, and stir until dissolved.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add bourbon.
- Pour into two or more bottles.
- Cut vanilla bean into equal portions, one per bottle.
- Split bean portions lengthwise, and place one in each bottle.
- Cover tightly.
- Wait patiently for at least six weeks, then enjoy.
- My grandmother gave us this recipe. We had a
bottle that she made, but it's gone for years.
Maybe it's time to try it again. It was great in
coffee or drizzled over vanilla ice cream.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.