Print Friendly Recipe
- Germaine's Restaurant, Washington, DC
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 2 tsp (10 ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced jalapeno chili
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg) beef flank steak, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canned low salt chicken broth
- 40 fresh basil leaves, left whole
- freshly cooked white rice
- Mix first seven ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in wok or large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add beef and stir fry until medium-rare, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Pour off all but 1 tbsp (15 ml) of oil from wok or skillet.
- Add sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken broth and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Return beef to sauce in wok or skillet.
- Add basil leaves and cook just until the beef is cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.