Print Friendly Recipe
- Germaine's Restaurant, Washington, DC
- 1 lb (.5 kg) cleaned calamari (1 lb (.5 kg) shrimp, scallops, or seafood mixture may be substituted)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced, blanched carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced Italian celery (or 4 stalks of tender regular celery)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced leek, white part only
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Thai chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili and garlic sauce
- To clean calamari, open lengthwise and wash with water.
- Score inside lightly, then cut each one into four pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat wok or stir-fry pan over high heat.
- Add oil, garlic, onion, and calamari. Stir-fry quickly for about 1 minute. Don't overcook!
- Add remaining vegetables, soy sauce, fish sauce, and chicken broth. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chili sauce.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.