Print Friendly Recipe
- Basic Crust:
- 3 cups (700 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Crisco
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). distilled white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). ice water
- Pork Pie Filling:
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). coarsley ground pork
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground sage
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and place in an 8 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour off excess fat.
- Cover with the crust, return to oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden and flaky.
- Pie Crust:
- In a medium bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in shortenings until mixture is like coarse cornmeal.
- Mix the eggs and vinegar together and, using a wooden spoon, stir into flour.
- Add enough of the ice water so the dough just barely comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead so dough holds together and can be rolled out.
- This recipe will make enough dough for one 9 inch pie, top and bottom crust.
- I don't remember where it came from but this
makes a really good refrigerator raider snack,
lunch meal or dinner.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.