Print Friendly Recipe
- 8 oz (224 grm). Cheshire or chedder cheese
- 6 oz (168 grm). pale ale
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices white bread
- Cut cheese into thin slices.
- Add cheese, ale, mustard, and pepper to a saucepan, and heat very gently, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth.
- Toast the bread with butter.
- Pour the melted cheese mixture over the toast, trying to avoid spill over.
- Broil the toasts until brown, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
- This British specialty is an exotic version of
the "cheesers" we all made when we first got a
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.