Print Friendly Recipe
- Gerard's Relais de Lyon, Seattle, Washington
- 2 10 oz (280 grm). squabs
- 1 savoy cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced pancetta
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). foie gras (optional)
- 4 slices black truffles (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced onions
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- egg wash
- Saute pancetta in butter until crisp.
- Throw in diced onion and cook until golden brown.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Shred cabbage and blanch in boiling salted water. Strain and add to the pancetta, onion and stock.
- Season, cover, and cook slowly until the cabbage is cooked. Strain and cool.
- Debone and skin the breasts and legs of the squabs leaving only the drum bone in the legs.
- Cut the puff pastry in 4 inch by 5 inch rectangles.
- On each sheet, place seasoned breast.
- Top with a large spoon of cabbage, then the foie gras and a slice of truffle, then the legs.
- Wrap the whole thing in the dough with the drum bone sticking out, and shape like a pear.
- Brush the pastry with an egg wash, then place on a buttered sheet pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- A gorgeous entree that positions squab, cabbage,
foie gras, and the black truffle inside a puff
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.