Print Friendly Recipe
- Hob Nob Hill, San Diego, California
- block cut beef short ribs, cut 2 inches thick
- Salt and pepper
- Beef stock
- Braise ribs in 375 degree (200 C.) oven, seasoned with chopped, unpeeled unions, garlic, course ground black pepper, and a touch of salt, until well browned. Ingredient quantities are flexible and to taste. Chef Hank says of the onion and garlic, "the more, the better."
- Remove ribs from oven pan into another pot.
- Strain out the onion and garlic and discard.
- Make a roux with the flour and rib drippings in the pan.
- Add beef stock and stir until smooth.
- Check seasoning, adding beef base and gravy color if desired.
- Return ribs to the pan, cover, and roast at 350 degrees (175 C.) until tender, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Strain gravy before serving.
- From Chef Hank at one of San Diego's landmark
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.