Print Friendly Recipe
- New Market Caterers, Chicago, IL
- 24 escargot, cleaned
- 24 medium sized morel mushroom caps
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 oz (56 grm) olive oil, virgin or pommace
- 4 oz (112 grm) pinot noir
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (at least 24 inches x 12 inches)
- 8 oz (224 grm) goat cheese (recommend Laura Chenel's)
- 8 oz (224 grm) water at room temperature
- 8 oz (224 grm) butter, melted
- Clean morels by slicing them in half lengthwise and soaking them briefly in warm, salted water (to remove maggots).
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute until lightly brown - very lightly brown.
- Add morels and sweat briefly.
- Add snails and toss all until thoroughly combined.
- Add wine and reduce au sec (until nearly dry).
- Spread mixture out on a sheet tray and cool.
- Pour melted butter into an atomizer or spray bottle.
- Dampen a clean cloth with warm water.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a dry surface. Keep the rest of the phyllo covered with damp cloth.
- Spray with melted butter.
- Place a second sheet of phyllo on top of first spray, repeating until 4 sheets have been treated.
- Spread the morel mixture out lengthwise on phyllo sheets to form a tube-like cylinder that runs the length of the phyllo.
- Roll the phyllo dough up so as to form a cylinder. Brush phyllo tube with remaining butter. Slice into 6 equal size portions.
- Repeat for another 4 sheets.
- Mix water and goat cheese in either a food processor or a bar blender until smooth.
- Cover plate with goat cheese mixture.
- Bake strudels at 425 degrees (225 C.) until browned.
- Stack three pieces of strudel on top of each other over goat cheese sauce.
- Garnish with herbs du provence, tomato concasse, and chive.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.