Print Friendly Recipe
- For the Ricotta Pies:
- 2 oz (56 grm) pancetta
- 3-1/2 oz (98 grm) dandelion greens
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 oz (9.3 grm). poppy seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For buttering the bowls:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) bread crumbs
- 4 terracotta bowls that can hold about 7 oz (196 grm). each
- Cut the pancetta into small cubes, and fry until crisp in a skillet without adding oil or butter.
- Clean and wash the dandelion greens, then finely chop and blanch them.
- Grate the parmesan cheese.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and beat with a whisk.
- Add pancetta, greens, ricotta, and poppy seeds, and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Butter the terracotta bowls, then sprinkle them with bread crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (200 C.) oven, until the pies are puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve the ricotta pies at once in the bowls in which they were baked.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.