Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 box phyllo dough
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). Swiss chard, fresh, destemmed, and chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) toasted almonds, chopped, or toasted pinenuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins or currants, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, then chopped
- 3 oz (84 grm). goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). clarified butter
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- Put a few tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook shallot and garlic over low heat until soft.
- Add Swiss chard and saute briefly to get some of the moisture out.
- Take pan off the heat and add nuts, goatcheese and dried fruit.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill filling in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Layer 4 leaves of phyllo in square casserole (standard lasagne size); brush with melted butter. Add a thin layer of filling.
- Repeat until the filling is gone.
- When done layering, bake on middle rack 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep your eye on it after 18 minutes - everyone's oven is different.
- Thought of this one just messing around in the
kitchen one day.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.