Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). chicken tenders
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1 julianne red pepper
- 3 julianne carrots
- 6 scallions sliced on diagonal
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced ginger
- 1T cracked black pepper
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). shitake mushrooms (fresh) or a big handful of dry ones (if using dry, soak 15 minutes)
- 3 T sesame oil
- 4 T chili-garlic paste (i like "lee kum kee")
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 2 T rice vinegar
- Marinate the chicken for 1 hour in 1/2 the corn starch, a bit of sesame oil, some of the chopped garlic and ginger, a little bit of soy sauce.
- Fry chicken over high heat in large pan - be sure to brown it. Remove chicken when done.
- Add a bit more oil and saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add veggies and mushrooms, cook 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredient except cornstarch, cook 1 minute longer.
- Put chicken back in the pan. If the sauce is not thick enough for you, make a slurry with cornstarch and cold water and add to pan.
- Bring it to a boil. Serve at once over steamed rice or noodles.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.