Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 med. baking potatoes - peeled
- 1 med onion-grated
- 1 large egg
- a few tbsp of flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- white pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- pinch nutmeg
- butter for frying (or oil if you want but not nearly as good)
- Grate potatoes and drain in a sieve.
- Combine onion and potato in a bowl. Add baking powder, egg, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix.
- Add just enough flour to make a mix thick enough to hold it's shape.
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat. Fry spoonfuls of batter until brown on each side. Don't crowd them.
- Drain on papper towels.
- (This recipe is really good with sweet potatoes, too. In that case, add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of fresh thyme)
- I actually don't know how Irish this recipe is
but it sure is tasty....
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.