Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) red current juice
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) sugar
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) gooseberries
- Wash and stem gooseberries.
- Mix sugar and red current juice.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Add Gooseberries.
- Boil 45 minutes, skim now and then.
- Set aside overnight.
- Drain off syrup and reserve.
- Pack berries into jars.
- Boil down syrup until it's "thick as honey."
- Pour over the berries.
- Seal jars.
- Our people are Swedish. Never made jam in my
life. Can't remember ever having this jam.
Always liked Gooseberry Pie myself but couldn't
find that recipe. Hope this recipe makes some
sense to you.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.