Print Friendly Recipe
- Natalie Launer, Qeensland Australia
- 3 pieces of chicken breast fillet
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 1 14 oz (392 grm) can Italian tomatoes or tomato puree
- 2 cups (475 ml) of uncooked rice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) italian herbs (can use pinch of following instead of Italian herbs: marjoram, basil leaves, red bell peeper powder, rosemary leaves, oregano, parsley, thyme and garlic flakes)
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch of cumin and corriander (optional)
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 large vienna loaf
- In a skillet lightly brown onion and garlic in oil.
- Add chicken pieces, tomatoes (or puree), salt, herbs and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until chicken is tender, you will find that the sauce will thicken - add a little water to prevent this.
- Once chicken is cooked, simmer 20 minutes (or longer for fuller flavor).
- Boil or steam rice. Once cooked set aside.
- Cut top end of vienna off and pull out bread inside. This will make a hollow loaf. You can use the inside for breadcrumbs.
- Cool chicken and rice.
- Cut chicken into small pieces or mince it.
- Mix chicken and rice together and spoon inside vienna.
- Put end piece on bread, wrap in foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes on medium heat; this will make crust crunchy.
- Cut into slice with large bread knife and serve with salad.
- This recipe stemmed from cooking on a budget and
entertaining many people. It's a tasty meal,
great for Sunday lunches or laid back evening
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.