Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- Oil for frying
- 4 firm green tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour and sugar.
- Dredge both sides of the tomatoes in mixture.
- Press slices firmly into the corn meal mixture to make a good coating.
- Add 1/4"" of oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry tomatoes about 2 minutes on each side.
- When golden brown drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- This is my favorite version, I usually add a
little more sugar than it calls for, though. I
like to think of it as a NC dish, since that's my
home and I love our Southern dishes!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.