Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash, strings and seed removed, sliced thinly
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced thin (Granny Smith hold up well during baking)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cloves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ginger
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) butter
- Butter or spray a casserole dish.
- In the bottom place slices of squash.
- Add slices of apples atop squash.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, spices, and nuts. Dot apples with butter and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Continue layering squash and apples, ending with spices.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake covered in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Enjoy :o). Your house will smell so wonderful!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.