Print Friendly Recipe
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) white flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Mix butter and sugar until well blended.
- Work in the flour and salt.
- If the dough is too dry, add 1 to 2 Tbsp (30 ml). more butter.
- 1/2 Roll inch thick on a slightly floured board.
- Cut into rectangles approx. 3/4 inch by 2 inch.
- Prick each rectangle twice with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 18-20 minutes.
- Traditional Scotch shortbread -- it tastes just
like the real authentic Walker's brand that
comes in the cool plaid package.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.