Print Friendly Recipe
- I cut it out of a magazine - years ago
Serves/Makes:32 thin slices
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) candied red cherries, cut in quarters (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) candied pineapple, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) pitted dates, coarsely snipped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all purpose flour
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) coursely chopped pecans (1 pound shelled)
- 4 ounces flaked coconut (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Grease and flour 9 inch by 3 inch tube pan with removable bottom; set pan aside.
- Combine fruit in large bowl. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat well.
- Add pecans and coconut; toss to mix.
- Add milk; stir to mix well.
- Spoon evenly into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Remove from pan. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Refrigerate at least 2 weeks.
- Cake cuts best when cold. Slice VERY thin with serrated knife.
- This has become a tradition in my house. I make
it Thanksgiving weekend...and serve it on
Christmas...and also give small loaves of it on
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.