Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). cheese or squash filled pasta
- 1/2 stick butter(or 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil)
- 1/3 lb (.2 kg). fresh spinach-stemmed and washed
- 4 oz (112 grm) dried morel mushrooms - soaked in warm water 20 min. then rinsed
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 small head radicchio - shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated greyere cheese
- 2 large spanish onions - slivered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh thyme - minced
- Melt butter in a large frypan over medium or medium high heat.
- Add slivered onions and brown sugar.
- Cook for at least 15 minutes, stirring frequently - you want the onions an even golden brown no black spots.
- Add morel mushrooms and thyme. Cook 5 minutes more. (you might want to add a little bit of water or stock to get the carmelized sugars off the bottom of the pan.)
- Take the pan off heat.
- Next, cook your pasta.
- Toss pasta with onion mixture.
- Add greens and cheeses, toss.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- One of my better experiments...Really easy and
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.