Print Friendly Recipe
- Matt, Katherine's boyfriend, from the Lord Fox, Ann Arbor MI
- 1 pound prawns
- 1 pound pasta
- olive oil for sauteing
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ground garlic
- 2 cups (475 ml) red wine
- 1 medium spanish onion, diced
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 T red pepper flakes
- 2 T basil, dried
- 2 T oregano, dried
- 2 T thyme, dried
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green olives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) garlic, sautee one minute more.
- Add tomato, wine, pepper flakes, basil, oregano, thyme, mushrooms, and olives.
- Let simmer 30 minutes, or until a chunky sauce is achieved.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions on box.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) of garlic to sauce.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Sautee prawns in olive oil until just cooked.
- Place pasta on plate.
- Ladle sauce on pasta.
- Arrange prawns on sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.